I qualified as a Probation Officer in 1979 and worked in both the criminal and the divorce courts. On leaving the Probation Service to bring up my family I spent several years as a Samaritan before starting my training with Relate in 1993.
During my Relate career I qualified as a couples counsellor, as a psychosexual therapist and a supervisor of both counsellors and therapists.
I have since trained in EMDR – Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing therapy.
- Senior Accreditation by the College of Sexual and Relationship Therapy (www.cosrt.org.uk)
- Relate Certificate in Couple Counselling (www.relate.org.uk)
- Relate Diploma in Psychosexual Therapy
- Relate Post Graduate Diploma in Relationship Therapy (Clinical Supervision)
- Accredited as a Couple Therapy for Depression IAPT Practitioner by The British Society of Couple Psychotherapists and Counsellors (www.bscpc-new.com)
- B.A.(Hons) Degree with Diploma in Applied Social Studies
- Qualified EMDR therapist. (www.emdrassociation.org.uk)
- Qualified therapist for the treatment of sex addiction (www.atsac.co.uk)